Yosi Ocha is the official retreat center the Peruvian Institute of Shamanism and Natural Medicine. It has been founded in 2014 by the Shipibo Maestro Heberto Garcia with the following primary aims:
- To establish a benchmark of shamanic excellence by rigorously maintaining standards and allowing guests to experience powerful transformational processes and healing through authentic Shipibo practices.
- To provide truly individualized treatments: only by one-on-one interaction between the shaman and the patient during the ceremony can you be guided safely and productively through the often challenging spiritual realms – such guidance being crucial if you are to reap the full benefits of shamanic healing.
- To provide a safe, supportive, professional yet family environment at Yosi Ocha to help you feel calm and relaxed during what may be an anxious experience.
- To provide the very best shamanic training to those exceptional individuals who wish to pursue this course, walk the path of light and learn the true traditions of Shipibo shamanism.
- To work productively with organizations active in the protection of the rainforest, and in safeguarding the rights and cultural integrity of the indigenous Indian peoples.